Items matching "global wmd proliferation"
- BBC News - Iran\'s supreme leader denies nuclear report claims | Iran's supreme leader has denied it is developing nuclear weapons, after a new report from the UN atomic watchdog, the IAEA, sparked an international outcry. | 2010--0-2-
- Iran Controls Protests and Defies West on Nuclear Fuel - NYTimes.com | CAIRO — Iran’s president boasted Thursday that his nation had the capacity to make weapons grade nuclear fuel if it chose to, in a speech designed to rally the nation as it marked the 31st anniversary of the Islamic Revolution. | 2010--0-2-
- Iran Begins Enriching Uranium to a Higher Level - NYTimes.com | PARIS — Brushing aside international calls for stricter sanctions against it, Iran said Tuesday it had begun enriching uranium for use in a medical reactor to a higher level of purity, raising the stakes again in its dispute with the United States and other countries over its nuclear program. | 2010--0-2-
- BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iran \'closer to nuclear weapon\' | Iran is moving closer to being able to make a nuclear bomb, the US envoy has told a meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna. | 2009--0-9-
- N Korea warned over rocket launch | US President Barack Obama and his South Korean counterpart have agreed a "stern, united response" must follow any rocket launch by North Korea. | 2009--0-4-
- NDTV.com: Al-Qaida nuclear attack in planning stages | Al-Qaida's nuclear attack against the US is in planning stages, top American intelligence officials have said. This hearing was followed by another classified session wherein other details about the possible nuclear attack by the Al-Qaida terrorist network were possibly explained to the US lawmakers in details.
(NDTV.com, India) | 2008--0-4-
- Iraq, Iran, and the President Who Cried Wolf | A crucial moment looms in the Iran debate, even as big questions remain unasked. Like, could we live with a nuclearized Tehran? (New York Magazine) | 2007--1-1-
- Iran tried to swap guns for Somali uranium | Iran is among a number of countries (see above article posted) supplying weapons to Islamic extremists in Somalia; in exchange for weapons and munitions, Somalia is allowing Iran to tap into its uranium reserves. | 2006--1-1-
- Radioactive Nationalism | Discusses the far-reaching consequences of nuclear weapon proliferation in East Asia and throughout the rest of the world. | 2006--1-0-
- China fears consequences of North Korea collapse | Examines the potentially hazardous effects on China if North Korea were to collapse. | 2006--1-0-
- Solving the Korean Stalemate, One Step at a Time | Op-ed by Jimmy Carter discusses measures used when dealing with North Korea in the past. Also focuses on how to use diplomacy with the current nuclear situation in North Korea. | 2006--1-0-
- When North Korea Falls | This article explains the threast North Korea poses by having one of the largest biological and chemical aresenals | 2006--1-0-
- GAME: By Donald Barthelme | Sections of David Barthelme, 60 Stories, 1993, p. 63-67. This story makes us question the implications of (nuclear) warfare upon the human psyche. How does a state of fear affect life? What irrationalities lie in states' calculated postures? | 2006--0-9-